Friday I was checking Craigslist for Halloween Costumes and decided to check the pets section (okay, okay, I often look at the pet listings there). There was a listing for a free 8 week old puggle puppy. Levi called the number and was told the pup was ours. I went back and forth second-guessing all morning- should we? shouldn't we? As you all know, we haven't had the best luck with dogs over the past year. I was thinking that having a pet wasn't in the cards for us. But I still miss my Little Bit. a lot. So I decided to go for it. We aren't taking any long trips any time soon (taking a dog on a long trip isn't something I really want to do again) and since she's a pup, we can potty train her (instead of dealing with an older dog that is sorta kinda house trained). The owner was going to bring the pup here, but got lost, so Levi ended up meeting her a little down the road. He said she just rolled down the window, said 'I don't know what I was thinking,' handed him the pup out of the window and took off. (He called the next day to ask her about shots, etc). The pup had lots of fleas, so she has had several baths over the weekend until we can get her some flea meds. She is tiny and so cute! She loves to take naps, but also loves chasing the kids around when she's awake. She has taken a very big liking to Levi. She stays (sleeps) right under his computer chair or naps with him on the couch and when he gets up, she follows him where ever he goes. When he left for work this morning, she whined for him to come back. We don't have a crate yet (mom is bringing one when she comes to visit next week), so she has been sleeping with us. The first night, we tried to have her sleep in our bathroom, but she wasn't having it. She cried and cried until I let her out. I put her up on the bed and she went right to a pillow, laid down and went to sleep. She's definitely a cuddle bug. The kids are really good with her. I think the newness is starting to wear off, so they leave her alone to sleep or hang out by herself. Well, she's starting to wake up from a nap, so I'm off to take her out to potty.
After two whole days of discussing (and changing) names, we all finally agreed on
Daisy


No comments:
Post a Comment